14 Mar 2009

This morning I woke up early and I went out to the west part of the city to visit the Hunterian Art Gallery and Museum and Mackintosh House. 
Here is a photo of a coloured and nice building near the museum, I think it's part of Glasgow University. Isn't it nice?



I went to the Hunterian Art Gallery which has a great Whistler collection plus other artists, included the Glasgow Boys and many other beautiful pictures. 



The loveliest thing I've ever seen!! Mackintosh House! Actually, I'm loving Mackintosh so much! I wanted to buy his books of watercolour, but they told me It's gone out of print!! sob!! 
Tomorrow I'm going to visit his House for an Art Lover, a house they built after his death, based on his projects.
(I couldn't shot photos, but no one was looking... :)







Hunterian Museum is in another building, inside the Glasgow University Campus. It's a sort of scientific museum, with dinosaurs skeletons, human body parts in formalin, minerals, birds nests, fossils, prehistoric arrows..



...and insects!



That's me in the mirror of the elevator!! ahah!



And that's the amazing Glasgow University!!! I wish I had studied here! (yes! there was the sun!! But a lot of wind as well!)





Princes Square Mall for some shopping. (didn't buy anything for the records)



And finally I deserved a coffee and some black chocolate at Starbucks inside Borders!



Well, that was my saturday! I'll keep posting tomorrow. See you.
C.

3 comments:

  1. hi! did you know that Glasgow University was modeled on the University of Bologna? ;)
    apart from the museums, weren't you wandering in the West End, chock-full of bars, locals and nice shops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! - A busy day. Aren't the Whistlers beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Elvi: Yes, sure I wandered, but there was a lot of wind, and I couldn't shoot photograph, It' very nice!

    For Marian: Yes, they are amazing! I loved them.

    ReplyDelete