8 Mar 2009

Well, that's me in the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, a beautiful museum near Kelvingrove Park, in quite a lovely area. 
This museum contains 8000 items, I visited the ground floor, then I went away, but I'll go back there soon and see Monet, Cèzanne, Van Ghog, Seurat, and many other impressionists on the first floor.
Well, the ground floor is filled with every kind of stuffed animals (elephants, squirrels, phaesants, tigers, monkeys, fishes, insects, kangaroo) and fossils and presents a series of works of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, as his famous chair. Guess which is his chair among the four in the picture.
I had the occasion to know many Glasgow artists (called the Glasgow boys), and I particuarly liked two pictures: the first one is called "Caudebec, Normandy" and was made by John Quinton Pringle, and the second is an incredible watercolour by Avril Paton.







2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked Kelvingrove - it's one of my favourite places in Glasgow. Another great museum/gallery is the Hunterian (on the campus of Glasgow University). It has a wonderful collection of Whistlers. And the very beautiful Mackintosh House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! they steal me the idea! ballon-as-people project! ahah!

    ReplyDelete